Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Enviornment - (My own little world [changing to Linux])

A while back I wrote about setting up a working enviornment, and some of my favorte power tools (many [all of them I think] of them FREE and OpenSource).

Since writing these articles I have taken a new job with Red Hat, supporting RHEL and JBoss  and have switched my enviornment to Fedora, where all of these Power Tools come standard.

What makes Fedora so great is that it works as a Desktop or Laptop system and with Gnome Extentions, as these extentions allow you to make your desktop your ownt world. This in turn helps you to get familuar with the Power Tools.

I have also found VIM adventures a fun way to learn vim.

Why do I bring up VIM, well in my new enviornemtn VIM is king, Why?

Because my favort tools in Fedora are TMUX and the Gnome Drop Down Termal.  These tools allow me to take full advantage of the my SHEL and keep it just one click away (F12).

Over the last year its allowed me to pick up on other OpenSource Power tools such as curl and awk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its the little things (like opening a web browser)

Sometimes as your developing a solution/script for a problem your faced with interesting challenges where the dumbest workaround (opening a ...