Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Fixing Powerline on Fedora (IE: Configuring it Properly)

So I recently got a new work system, and had to re-build my system. As I use powerline to help me visually see whats going on in my bash shell, https://fedoramagazine.org/add-power-terminal-powerline/ proved to be VERY helpful.

However one of the things you will not see if you follow this are, git or additional prompts (context queues). To get those you need to set/ configure the proper theme (default_leftonly).

If you read the docs: https://powerline.readthedocs.io/en/latest/configuration.html
You like me will likely be wondering, how do I do what?

So the long and short of how to configure the proper theme, is by running:
# mkdir -p ~/.config/powerline
# cat <<-'EOF' > ~/.config/powerline/config.json
{
     "ext": {
         "shell": {
             "theme": "default_leftonly"
         }
     }
}
EOF
# exec bash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its the little things (like opening a web browser)

Sometimes as your developing a solution/script for a problem your faced with interesting challenges where the dumbest workaround (opening a ...